Friday, October 9, 2015

Don't toss your boarding pass & more secruity tips on CJOB



Heading to Winnipeg the other day for my first presentation on with Larry Berman's tour which I'm speaking on avoiding identity theft and fraud, I received a ping from my favourite security blogger, KrebsOnSecurity just as I was getting ready to board the plane.  The story was about a new vulnerability where your future flights and more can be tracked from the bar code on your boarding pass.  The one thing I thought could be thrown away - turns out shredding is always your best bet.  You and your family may be travelling this holiday weekend, so have a read -
http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-airplane-boarding-passes-can-expose-personal-information-n441726

Joining the lovely and super sharp, Dahlia Kurtz the other day at CJOB radio in Winnipeg, we discussed this newest hack and all things related to keeping you and your family safe from identity theft and fraud.  Have a listen - https://soundcloud.com/680cjob/kelley-keehn

 Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving weekend!





No comments: