Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Financial Literacy Month with 630 CHED's Ryan Jespersen


Yesterday, I had the pleasure of joining host extraordinaire, Ryan Jespersen, for the entire 11:00 am hour on Edmonton's 630 CHED radio.  One of the listeners texted in that we were "cheap and boring".  Perhaps that was in reference to me because I can assure you that Ryan isn't cheap and doesn't have a boring bone in his well suited body.  Nonetheless, if we're talking about financial literacy, I don't find those comments to be insults in the spirit of intelligent frugality.

Personal finance isn't meant to be sexy.  It's meant to be the foundation we can firmly stand on.  That is what builds and maintains financial confidence and allows us to make the decisions and take actions that can be tough - like saying no to wants, setting a budget, finding a qualified financial planner to help guide us or bravely reaching out to a non-profit credit counselor when it all seems like too much.

Here are the links I mentioned on Ryan's show and the full audio as well.  Make this financial literacy month your opportunity to take even the smallest action towards your financial future.  Drop me a line and let me know what step, whether big or small, you'll take this month - wealth@kelleykeehn.com.

Resources from November 7th:

No comments: