Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Saving money and finding deals in a tough economy

I hit the streets of Edmonton today with CTV's Valerie Oczkowski to see what deals we could scrounge up on products and services that most individuals wouldn't think are negotiable.

I must admit that even I was surprised at some of the discounts we were able to secure with little time and effort (most by just asking and some arm twisting took all of about 60 seconds).

The piece will run next Thursday on CTV's evening news and on their website (the segment will likely be posted on the site after it airs on TV - http://edmonton.ctv.ca/). I'll post my deal making strategies and tips next Friday morning, so tune in!

And please comment your local deals, tips on negotiating and getting more for less. I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: