Thursday, April 2, 2009

What would you do with the last 10 minutes of your life?

The Keehn On Money blog is more than about just money. It's about financial empowerment and more importantly, it's about quality of life, thus I wanted to share a life perspective story I was fortunate enough to catch the other day.

I was listening to CBC Radio in the car earlier this week. There was a national program on which had featured Dr. Wayne Dyer as a guest last week. In the spirit of inspiration, the host asked listeners to call in with their own personal stories. One truly touched my soul.

The caller was a woman that said she became extremely ill after the birth of her child. While still in the hospital, she started to hemorrhage with many other complications. As a nurse, she knew the procedures that the hospital staff were administering meant she had about 10 minutes to live if they couldn't save her with the current protocols.

She recalled what went through her mind thinking that might be her last moments of life. She said, she didn't think "why me God", or "Jesus save me" or "I wish I would have told so and so and so I loved them". She thought in those last moments, "I wish I would have had more fun".

She also went on to state (obviously she made it) that if you truly believe in a Creator, in God, then all that happens, is happening or happened is perfectly designed. It is how it should be and why not have some fun and celebrate in that perfection?

Great question, and with that, I'm off to find some fun in life today. Wishing the same for you this perfect Thursday.

2 comments:

Kim Berube said...

Timely advice. A much needed reminder that all happens as it should and I need a little fun.
Great posts. Hope you're having fun.
K

Anonymous said...

I think I'd write a note on Kelley's Blog wall. ;)